Saturday, February 11, 2012

Miles on a Cake for Peter

I gotta say that I am so far behind this year in my card making that I'm crossing people off the list for getting cards with wild abandon....I must say I've also decided that those who have made absolutely no effort to even find out when my birthday is, or who didn't even say happy birthday to me last year are being punished by not receiving a birthday card this year -- so there!!!  My boss Peter doesn't fit into that category, so he gets a card, and I really like him so didn't want to miss his birthday.  I also got to use my new Cricut again and cut this big cupcake out as a mat.  Next time though I'll cut the cupcake first, then stamp and colour --- it was quite stressful figuring out where to put the paper, etc. to get the machine to cut around the image.  Worked out well in the end though!
Materials:  Stamp:  Kraftin' Kimmie; Sentiment: CTMH: Mats:  Cricut; Colour by Copic; DP: K&Company (I think)


2 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

Well look at you!!! You were very brave to cut after!!! I would have screwed it up ): Little Miles looks awesome in the cupcake though (: I love that striped paper. I don't blame you for crossing some people off your list!! You make so many cards!!! I'm doing well if I make one a month!Have a great weekend!!! and thanks for looking for that template for me (:

Tina said...

WOW I think it turned out fabulous! There is no way that I could have cut out afterwards. I just would not have gotten it right. I love the little mouse all stuffed on cake!! I think some people are going to be well punished for not making an effort!!
Thanks for sharing