Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lili of the Valley - Happy Birthday John 2012

My wonderful husband John turned 57 on the 28th of February --- I'm hoping this is a good year for him as he has also decided to retire - barring his company conning him into staying longer -- he is the type of guy who has allowed himself to be consumed by his job in this effort to do things perfectly.  He's losing the battle and it's taking a terrible toll on him.  Much as having his income is nice, it's not as nice as my having him period ... but I digress.  John is a very talented musician so when I saw this little boy image from Lili of the Valley, It screamed John to me --- as part of his birthday gift I signed him up for a Beer of the Month Club, and sadly he was the one to pick the box up at the post office.  He didn't open it though so I put it away until yesterday.  When he opened his card, which I had placed atop the box, he said --- did you get me a puppy (because of the one on the image) --- Funny guy!!   Too bad the picture kind of looks muted to me in the colour department as in real life, it's a bit livelier!
Materials:  Stamp: Lili of the Valley; CS: SU; DP: K&Company: Guitar - Cricket; Sentiment: CTMH; Colour by Copic


1 comment:

Jenn Joncas said...

What an adorable image!! The little guitar you cut out is a perfect addition. Beer of the Month!! What a fabulous man gift!! Hopefully he will retire for sure/good and relax and enjoy life a bit (: