Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

One of my former bosses, and a really nice guy is about to have some pretty serious surgery so I thought I'd make him a combination get well soon and chin up kind of card to help speed his recovery.  I decided rather than try to find contests to enter with cards I've made, I'd do it the other way around and see what contests are asking for then do a card to match!  Novel approach made it a bit easier.  So, I've decided to enter this card into the Cards for Men challenge this week - theme is Water.  I'm hoping that the fish swimming in a bunch of bubbles implies water!  I've also entered the Crafts and Me Challenge Blog - Under the Sea
Materials:  Stamps and Sentiment:  Ippity; Brads:  Eyeletoutlet; Glitter: Stickles; Bubble effect: Cuttlebug embossing folder; Colour by Copic

5 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

I love Finding Nemo!!! I really like how you used the cuttlebug folder for this card! It's perfect!! I'm going to have to remember it next time I do a water theme. I love the sand!!! The fish look fintastic!! (:

gina g said...

Lovely card Kirsty. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our Under The Sea Challenge. luv gina xx

Alison said...

Love your bubbly background and the great sentiment. Thanks for joining our 'water' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck in the draw.
Hugs, Alison x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card love how the fish pop out.
Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Vixykins said...

Wow this is great and the texture is perfect!! Thank You for playing my ‘Under the Sea’ Challenge at Crafts & Me!