Thursday, January 12, 2012

Brand New Baby

One of my colleagues just welcomed his first granddaughter into the world!  What a great time it is and I'm sure he's going to be just gushing when he comes home. I like to send congratulations on grandparenthood cards since that's the time of life I'm now in!  Unfortunately I only found out after I had mailed the card that the new baby has a headful of black hair --- oh well, baby still looks pretty cute I think!  I had to make 2 cards - one for myself and one for my boss to send - so I used Mo's designs for both.  The first one also includes some embossing with SU Bigshot Texture Plates (or whatever they're called!)

Materials:  Mo Manning Digital Images; Spellbinder Dies; DP from my stash; CS: SU: Colour by Copic

2 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

They are both absolutely gorgeous Kirst!!! I love the colours you used, they really stand out on the white. The images are so sweet!!!

Roxy said...

Oh wow, Kirsti, these are great, and they couldn't come at a better time - one of my friends is living in NZ and just had her first, a baby girl, and I haven't sent or made a card yet (she was born in November!) so these are both a reminder to me, and inspiration! I love the images, but I have no idea how to colour them like you - what copics did you use, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks, Roxy.