Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Scotty -

It is so gratifying when you find an image that is absolutely perfect for somebody.  Such was the case with this one.  I was browsing through Mo Manning's Digital Pencil site, just looking, when I stumbled across this miner image -- one of the Seven Dwarfs!  Now one of my colleagues is a miner - looking after our mining program, so I new this would be perfect for Scotty.  I was a bit nervous that I'd screw it up somehow, but am quite happy with how it turned out.  I think he'll be quite tickled by it!  I even put some gold lines in the rock as Scotty usually answers his phone with his name followed by the phrase - Timmins the City with a Heart of Gold!
Materials: Image:  Mo Manning - Digital; Background Stamp (Rocks): StampscapesSentiment: SU: DP&CS: Who knows - some old stuff in my mountain of paper; Colour by Copic

2 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

What an amazing card!!! I love all of the little details/embellishments you have added, they are perfect!! Were the rocks part of the image or did you find them separately?

Roxy said...

This is perfect, I love the image and how you coloured him, and I didn't even know Mo Manning had digi stamps, so thanks for that great tip!