Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mo Manning - What to Draw - For Emily

My granddaughter Emily and I are pals.  We spent a lot of time together over Christmas both at her home and at mine.  It is a real pleasure to spend time with her as she is a lovely little girl.  The other night I got a FaceTime call from her, she was crying because she missed me.  It broke my heart.  I told her I loved her and missed her too and would make and send her a card.  I asked her if she wanted money on the front and if that would make her feel better --- she said yes!  So, money she got.  I decided to do a pocket card so I could include a couple of little tags on which I wrote what I love about her. She loved the card! She called my sobbing saying she loved it; and her favourite one of the reasons I loved her was "because you are you!"  I do wish I had nicer printing though. In retrospect, perhaps I should have printed them out instead!
Materials:  Digital Image by: Mo Manning; Butterfly: MS: CS: SU: Colour by Copic



No comments: