Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Jane

Jane, John's neice is a lovely young woman (not as young as the girl on the card mind you, but it was more the action that I thought matched).  She is an associate professor at Mount Allison University in Sackville NB; so we don't get to see her very often, but I'm sure she's happy and enjoying herself, having mostly realized her dream.  Also a December birthday, I think it's important not to blur the line between birthday and holiday season, hence the pink kind of summery image!  I had a bit of a problem with the balloons as I didn't want a huge circle, and I still kind of suck at doing the outside the box thing so I restamped the balloons, coloured them and popped them up -- I then tied some gold string into the balloons and through her hand to match that on the digital image -- what a pain - but the effect is good I think!
Materials:  Mo Manning - digital image; DP: SU: CS: SU: Colour by Copic

1 comment:

Jenn Joncas said...

What an adorable image!! I love what you did with the balloons!! Definitely worth the trouble (:
I really like how you finished the corners with the punch and pearls.