Saturday, May 29, 2010

Brighter Forecast!

I had started out making this card for an Ippity Hop challenge but when I finished I realized I had not used any Ippity Stamps!  So, I've decided to keep it for myself as a get well card if I need one!  There are a variety of stamps used on this card - and I will confess I modelled it after one that Stephanie had done one time (thanks Steph!).  Anyway I think its rather cute.  And, since the sentiment came in a Stampin' Up Set called brighter tomorrow --- which also contains a lot of sympathy messages, its the only time I've ever got to use this sentiment!
Materials:  Girl and Raindrops Unity; Sentiment: SU; Puddle is Stampscapes.  Background Paper is SU; Ribbon from Fabric Land. Markers by Copic; Ovals by Spellbinders.

3 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

Very nice Kirst!! I like how you paper pieced the umbrella. The lace at the bottom looks great with the purple colour going through it.

Debby/Darthy said...

I think this card is adorable. You could have entered in Unity's Fridays with Flair, it goes on every Friday. Remember that. Ippity Monday, Unity Friday. Sign up in the Unity/Ippity forum at splitcoast stampers. Very nicely done though, the paper choices are gorgeous. I dare you to send this as a sympathy card! What were they thinking?

Stephanie Zito said...

This is adorable Kirsty! You must sign up and participate in both hops!!! C'mon - chances of winning free stuff!!!!