Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Sarah 2012

My eldest daughter Sarah is 36 this year -- where does the time go.  Actually to see her she is very youthful looking although somewhat tired because her two young children (6 and 9 months) are keeping her pretty busy.  Anyway, Sarah is a major Twilight fan - she introduced me to the novels - and I'm pretty sure she's on team Edward.  I thought she would appreciate this card.  The image is from Sassy Studio Designs and is called Immortal Love.  Colouring Edward's freakishly white skin was not easy - what I ended up doing was colouring him then using the blender pen to lighten him up even further.  Worked out I think.  I also got to use one of my new Cricut cartridges to cut out the frame - but glued it on upside down at first, had to peel off the top layer and kind of mangled some of the underneath paper so had to put some flowers on to cover it up.  All in all though I'm pleased with how it turned out. I decorated the inside as well, using the same background paper and a large label die to provide writing space.
Materials:  Image: Sassy Studio; CS: SU: CP: K&Company; Flowers: Petaloo; Sentiment: CTMH: Frame: Cricut; Colour by Copic.

2 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

What is with everyone and team Edward!!??? How can anyone resist Jacob?? Tall, dark. handsome, and my oh my those abs (: Oh and don't forget those adorable dimples!!!
Anyway, your card looks fabulous!! You needed flowers there anyway (: so it all worked out!!!
Have a great long weekend!!!

Roxy said...

haha, Jenn's so funny, but I kind of agree about the whole Edward/Jacob thing! This card is awesome, I'm sure your daughter will love it!