Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Congratulations on your new job

My daughter Sarah has a friend who recently, after a number of years trying, secured a full-time job as a teacher.  She wanted a congratulations card and I said I'd make her one.  My thought was to find an image of a teacher at a blackboard or something --- Since I'm the worst searcher in the world, I did not find one --- what to do??? So, since I didn't really know this person or her interests, and I was thinking of children, this new stamp I got -- the old shoe house (There was an old woman who lived in a shoe - she had so many children she didn't know what to do) --- so since classrooms are filled with kids you likely don't always know what to do with I thought this might be suitable.  I do quite like it!
Materials:  Stamp: Make it Crafty; DP: K&Company; Spellbinder Dies; Sentiment: SU: Colour by Copic - Flowers from a stash my sister Jenny gave me!


1 comment:

Jenn Joncas said...

Fabulous idea Kirsty!!! Hopefully the shoe has a few closets (: Beautiful colouring as always!! She's a lucky girl to have found a permanent job in teaching right now!!