Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Shovelling Miles - A Thank You

Every now and then (and fortunately more often than not) people do things that just make you revel in people's kindness.  A couple of weeks ago my husband had the 'flu - nasty business -- and as luck would have it we were hit by a very large snowfall while he was laid up.  Now, those of you who know me know that I tend to be a wee bit lazy and out-of-shape, so shovelling is not really my thing - nor will it become.  Regardless, I had to get the vehicle into the driveway and a path shovelled to the back door.  I tried my neighbour's son, but wasn't sure if he'd do it or not, so out I bravelly went, with the snow float and started -- the plow had been by so the bank at the head of the driveway was at least 3.5 feel deep of compacted snow --- big and heavy!  I took a few shovel fulls then noticed a guy down the street with a little ATV and a plow attached!  I walked up the street and asked him how much he'd charge me to do my driveway --- he said he'd be over shortly --- 10 minutes later there he was -- and he did the whole driveway.  Some other guy (still don't know who he was) operating a front-end loader came and scooped and removed some of the snow for us while the job was going on.  It was fabulous.  I only had to shovel out one of our vehicles and the back walk -- and I've lived to tell the tale.

Regardless, the guy who did the driveway said -- no charge -- Merry Christmas!  I naturally hugged him and told him that I loved him --- (come to think of it I haven't seen him lately -- I wonder if I made him nervous?) Anyway, as a card maker I figured the least I could do was make him a card, and this Kraftin' Kimmie Miles the Mouse with a shovel was perfect.  I have yet to bring it over to my hero - along with a bottle of rum.  I hope he likes both!

Materials:  Kraftin' Kimmie - Miles the Mouse; Memory Box Die; Sentiment: SU: CS: SU: DP: ??; Spellbinder Circles; Colour by Copic


No comments: