Friday, August 31, 2012

Chinese Tilda




I don't use my Magnolia stamps as much as I should, likely because the no mouth part creeps my husband out and since I always force him to look at my cards when I've completed them and expect him to say nice things, he has a harder time composing his face with these! But, since the recipient of this card is Chinese and I don't have that many opportunities to use the set, I selected this one.  I tried to jazz it up by making a little fan for the backdrop and I'm happy with how it turned out, but it was a tad bulky - so I had to super-mount the image using 3-deep pop blocks - which then means I'll have to use double the postage to mail it!  Oh well.  I'm  happy with the over all effect.  I used my new Memory Box flourish, but had a hard time cutting it out on my BigShot -- I'll obviously have to practice a bit more, unless somebody reading this has a tip!
Materials:  Stamp:  Magnolia; CS: SU: DP: Prima;Punch (edge of the fan) SU:  Colour by Copic.  

No comments: